So, now that I’ve gotten the BIG news out of the way (and if you missed it, go here…), I can start blogging about what it actually on my mind. No secrets here anymore, folks.
1. I am a little miffed that when I wanted a boy, I got a girl (which, obviously is the best thing ever, you know…now…) and now that I was hoping for another girl (because I am unemployed and want to save money), I am faced with the issue of buying more baby gear. OH MY GOD. MORE BABY GEAR. (I am, however, thankful that a lot of Baby L’s toys and activity stuff is pretty unisex so I don’t feel bad about putting my baby boy in a hot pink swing or anything. I guess it wouldn’t matter anyway, right? Whatever.)
2. MB and I decided a couple of months ago, after I took the first of four home pregnancy tests and had almost settled into the idea that I might be having another baby, that we would stay in our current location and buy a house instead of trekking all the way across the country with (not one but) TWO babies. The expense of that would have broken us and hardly been worth it at this point. So, now we start the house search. I’m going to be honest. I have no idea what I’m doing. I just need a house big enough for us and two kids to have their own rooms. And a yard. Because these kids are going to play outside, dammit.
3.How am I going to take care of a one-year-old and a newborn by myself all day, every day? This little guy had better not hate the bjorn like his sister does or I am totally screwed. I am seriously having a lot of anxiety about this. Amazing that I am not having more anxiety about money and stuff like that. But no, I am concerned about the baby bjorn.
4. Would it be totally inappropriate to have a baby shower? My mom asked me that last night and, honestly, I have no freaking idea. I can’t really think of anything we need except for another crib (that transitions into a toddler bed eventually) but, if Baby O is anything like his sister, he won’t sleep in it until he is much older anyway. You know, like when he is 16. So, he will most likely use the Fisher Price Rock n’ Play Sleeper that saved my life with Baby L.) Do I just have a sprinkle?
5. I have many infant car seats. They are all pink. Is there any way that I can buy just the COVER thing for a car seat? Or do any of you have a boy-ish one you want to trade or something? Hmmm…bartering. This is new!
Any advice from you mothers of two would be GREATLY appreciated!
- THE MONTH (by Daddy) (grayhairedmom.com)
- Baby Bjorn Potty Chair Giveaway! (childgearreviews.wordpress.com)